DNS Exercise 1 – Austin
2 Day Course
- Demonstrate an understanding of the basic principles of developmental kinesiology.
- Describe the relationship between development during the first year of life and dysfunction of the locomotor system in adulthood.
- Discuss and demonstrate the basis of human movement: support, stepping forward, the biomechanics of motor function, the verticalization process & functional joint centration in postural development.
- Evaluate and correct poor respiratory patterns.
- Assess the integrated stabilizing system of the spine both visually and utilizing dynamic functional tests.
- Integrate corrective exercises based on the DNS functional tests and developmental positions in supine, prone, low kneeling, oblique sit, and quadruped global movements.
- Demonstrate how DNS corrective exercises can be integrated with other exercise strategies.
8:45am – 9:00am: Registration and sign-in period.
9:00am – 10:00am: Introduction and origination of DNS (Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilization)
10:00am – 11:00am: Developmental Kinesiology (DK): The first 3 months of life.
11:00am – 12:00pm: DNS Functional Tests: The Diaphragm test & Intra-abdominal pressure (IAP) tests.
12:00pm – 1:00pm: LUNCH
1:00pm – 2:00pm: DNS Functional Tests: Seated hip flexion test & trunk extension tests.
2:00pm – 3:00pm: DNS Functional Tests: Seated Hip flexion test & trunk extension tests with exercise correction demonstration.
3:00pm – 4:00pm: Developmental kinesiology: Stabilization movement from supine to prone.
4:00pm – 5:00pm: Developmental kinesiology: Side lying playing & 3 months prone positions.
9:00am – 10:00am: Review Intra-abdominal pressure test, the diaphragm test, seated hip flexion test and trunk extension test.
10:00am – 11:00am: Developmental Kinesiology (DK): Adaptations to grip & hand support.
11:00am – 12:00pm: DNS Exercise Workshop: Oblique chain activation in side lying
12:00pm – 1:00pm: LUNCH
1:00pm – 2:00pm: DNS Exercise Workshop: Oblique chain activation in side lying into tall oblique positions.
2:00pm – 3:00pm: DNS Exercise Workshop: Oblique chain activation in side lying into tall oblique positions.
3:00pm – 4:00pm: DNS Exercise Workshop: Triple flexion stabilization exercise
4:00pm – 5:00pm: DNS Exercise Workshop: Triple flexion stabilization exercise with progressions and regressions for advancing difficulty, including adding physioball for support.
PRAGUE SCHOOL FEE:
In order to attend this class, you must also pay the Prague School Fee of 80 Euro (approx $99) here:
- A service charge of $75 will apply for all cancellations.
- Refunds will not be issued within 30 days of the seminar date.
- Registration may be transferred to a different eligible party with 30 days notice.
-Motus Education applies for CEUs for licensed chiropractors in the state of the course as a standard practice.
-We agree to apply for CEUs for additional states/professions, if there is sufficient time (based on each states’ rules).
-If you require CEUs for your state and profession, please inform Motus Education of your CE needs at the time of registration.
Instructor: Tyler Ideus, DC
Course: DNS Exercise 1
Course Dates: September 14-15, 2019
Course Times: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
11600 Manchaca Rd #301
Austin, TX 78748
Early Bird Discounts:
6 months before course: AUST6 for $150 off
5 months before course: AUST5 for $100 off
4 months before course: AUST4 for $50 off