DNS Exercise 1 – Austin
2 Day Course
- Demonstrate an understanding of the basic principles of developmental kinesiology.
- Describe the relationship between development during the first year of life and dysfunction of the locomotor system in adulthood.
- Discuss and demonstrate the basis of human movement: support, stepping forward, the biomechanics of motor function, the verticalization process & functional joint centration in postural development.
- Evaluate and correct poor respiratory patterns.
- Assess the integrated stabilizing system of the spine both visually and utilizing dynamic functional tests.
- Integrate corrective exercises based on the DNS functional tests and developmental positions in supine, prone, low kneeling, oblique sit, and quadruped global movements.
- Demonstrate how DNS corrective exercises can be integrated with other exercise strategies.
7:30am – 8:00am: Registration and sign-in period.
08:00 – 09:30 Lecture: Introduction, history, ontogenesis, functional centration, review of biomechanics
09:45 – 10:00 Break
10:00 – 12:00 Workshop: developmental sequence from supine, breathing assessment, seated diaphragm test, supine diaphragm test.
12:00 – 13:00 Lunch
13:00 – 15:00 Workshop: developmental exercises
15:00 – 15:15 Break
15:15 – 17:00 Workshop: quadruped rocking test, bear test, developmental exercises for the upper body
08:00 – 09:00 Lecture: review/answer questions
09:00 – 09:30 Workshop: developmental sequence from prone
09:30 – 09:45 Break
09:45 – 12:30 Workshop: squat test, squat corrections
12:30 – 13:00 Lecture: integrating DNS, closing remarks, answer questions
13:00 Course Ends
PRAGUE SCHOOL FEE:
In order to attend this class, you must also pay the Prague School Fee of 80 Euro (approx $99) here:
- A service charge of $75 will apply for all cancellations.
- Refunds will not be issued within 30 days of the seminar date.
- Registration may be transferred to a different eligible party with 30 days notice.
-Motus Education applies for CEUs for licensed chiropractors in the state of the course as a standard practice.
-We agree to apply for CEUs for additional states/professions, if there is sufficient time (based on each states’ rules).
-If you require CEUs for your state and profession, please inform Motus Education of your CE needs at the time of registration.
Instructor: Tyler Ideus, DC
Course: DNS Exercise 1
Course Dates: September 14-15, 2019
Course Times: Sat 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, Sun 8:00 – 1:00 pm
11600 Manchaca Rd #301
Austin, TX 78748