Why take this course?
If you want to learn kettlebells as they apply in a wide variety of settings, rather than learning the “right” way to do it, then this course is for you. Dr. Stevens will teach just as many principles as we do techniques. He gives you the tools, but make sure you understand where they fit in the toolbox. After learning kettlebells from someone else, you would know how to use a kettlebell. After our course you’ll also know how, but more importantly you’ll know why and when to use kettlebells.
Who should take this course?
Anyone in the health and wellness industry who tries to help people move better and feel better for longer. Trainers, coaches, therapists, doctors, practitioners and everyone else.
- Learn kettlebell training from both ends of the spectrum: detrained and rehab oriented, all the way to fitness and performance oriented.
- Learn what the research says, what it doesn’t say, and where we can learn from other disciplines in our use of kettlebells.
- Understand what proper and poor technique look like and why it matters
- Learn when to use kettlebells, when not to, and what tools are right for what applications.
- Learn systematic progressions of the kettlebell movements from basic (eg; deadlift) to advanced (eg; bottoms up presses and carries)
- Understand the nuances of kettlebells as an implement and why/how you should use them with your clients.
- Learn the cues that are most likely to bring about the desired movement outcomes.
- Learn the clinical and performance implications of the common kettlebell movements (swings, for example) for all populations.
- How to regress kettlebell training for the detrained client.
- How to progress kettlebell training and close the gap between the clinic and the gym.
- Learn how to implement kettlebells with other human movement systems and assessments (such as the SFMA and DNS).
- A service charge of $75 will apply for all cancellations.
- Refunds will not be issued within 30 days of the seminar date.
- Registration may be transferred to a different eligible party with 30 days notice.
-Motus Education applies for CEUs for licensed chiropractors in the state of the course as a standard practice.
-We agree to apply for CEUs for additional states/professions, if there is sufficient time (based on each states’ rules).
-If you require CEUs for your state and profession, please inform Motus Education of your CE needs at the time of registration.
Instructor: Benjamin Stevens, DC, BSKin, CSCS, CES/PES
Course: Kettlebell Science
Course Dates: October 12-13, 2019
Course Times: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Course Location: Major Chiropractic and Sports Science – 927 W Liberty Dr, Wheaton, IL 60187
Cost: $595 professional, $395 student (must provide a valid student ID)