Maximizing Human Performance
Why take this course?
If you want to learn and understand how to practically apply the most up-to-date and cutting edge science into rehab, fitness and health to maximize human performance, this is the course for you.
Dr. Andy Galpin is a tenured Professor in the Center for Sport Performance at CSU Fullerton. He holds a Masters degrees in Human Movement Sciences from the University of Memphis and a PhD in Human Bioenergetics. Dr. Galpin was instrumental in the creation of the #1 Health & Fitness Podcast in the world Barbell Shrugged, has performed as a competitive Weightlifter and practices Mixed Martial Arts and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. Professor Galpin opened up a “Biochemistry and Molecular Exercise Physiology Laboratory” at CSU Fullerton which studies the acute responses and chronic adaptations of human skeletal muscle in response to high force/velocity/power and fatiguing exercise from the whole body, down to the individual muscle fiber and even into the individual DNA.
You can get all of his team’s published research here.
***Check out his “5 Minute Physiology” where he gets straight to the answer and tackles exciting physiology, nutrition, and human performance questions in 5 minutes or less, roughly.
Who should take this course?
Anyone in the health and wellness industry who tries to help people move better and feel better for longer. Trainers, coaches, therapists, doctors, practitioners and everyone else.
- Learn human performance training from both ends of the spectrum: untrained/detrained/rehab oriented all the way to maximizing performance for specific reasons and sports.
- Learn about long term performance planning.
- Learn what the research says, what it doesn’t say, and where we can learn from other disciplines to maximize human performance.
- Understand what proper and poor technique look like and why it matters.
- Learn systematic progressions of movements from basic to advanced.
- Learn how to integrate individual physiology into programming including movement, nutrition, supplementation and more.
- How to regress and progress training and take individuals with little to no training at all up to maximum performance.
- Learn how to put it all together to create the ultimate program to Maximize Human Performance.
- A service charge of $75 will apply for all cancellations.
- Refunds will not be issued within 30 days of the seminar date.
- Registration may be transferred to a different eligible party with 30 days notice.
-Motus Education applies for CEUs for licensed chiropractors in the state of the course as a standard practice.
-We agree to apply for CEUs for additional states/professions, if there is sufficient time (based on each states’ rules).
-If you require CEUs for your state and profession, please inform Motus Education of your CE needs at the time of registration.
Instructor: Andy Galpin, PhD, CSCS*D, NSCA-CPT*D
Course: Maximizing Human Performance
Course Dates: November 2-3, 2019
Course Times: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Course Location: Chicagoland (exact location TBD)
Early Bird Discounts: $495 (discount expires September 2, 2019)